The learning progressions within the Connecticut Early Learning and Development Standards promote:
- Equity for all children, through the setting of high, but appropriate, expectations;
- High-quality early learning experiences, by providing clear goals and trajectories of learning;
- Provision of individual support, based on each child’s growth and development;
- Families’ understanding of what their children are learning and how they can support them;
- Teachers’ understanding of age-appropriate content and approaches to children’s learning; and
- Communication across sectors, based upon these common goals for children.