School Closings and Delays
When school is delayed or there is an early closing, please do not call the school office. You can get information about school closings and delays from any of the following sources:
- If school is closing early, we will send out an automated call. Please listen to the entire message so that you have all of the information regarding the closing.
- West Hartford Source Line: 860-233-2334
- By registering your cell phone or pager with the WHPS Alert system at www.vincens.com/sas/whps.
- Radio Stations - WTIC (1080 AM and 96.5 FM); WHCN (105.9 FM); WRCH (100.5 FM); WKSS (95.7 FM).
- Television Stations - Channels 3, 8, and 30. You can also register at nbc30.com for an email alert direct to your home computer for all closings and early dismissals.
- When school is cancelled or delayed, all before school activities are also cancelled. This includes breakfast, vocal music, instrumental music, and any before school classes.
- When school is closed early due to inclement weather, students will always be dismissed at 1:00 p.m., and all afternoon activities will be cancelled (including WHEE).
- WHEE will always be delayed by the same amount of time that school is delayed (from a 7:30 a.m. start time). For example, a one hour delay = a one hour delay for WHEE opening.
- If there is a delayed opening on a Wednesday, school WILL DISMISS AT THE USUAL 2:00 P.M. DISMISSAL TIME.